Youth in Natural Resources (YNR) encourages youth, ages 14-25, to explore career options, gain real-work experience in environmental science and natural resources, be successful in high school, and pursue higher education.
Leadership Corps is a program within YNR that is specific to high school students to further life skills and leadership development. Leadership Corps hosts monthly meetings that give students a chance to participate in mock interviews, resume workshops, meet and greets with professionals, and gain professional and leadership skills. Meetings are typically every 3rd Friday of the month and take place in Montbello.
- Monthly Leadership Corps meetings
- College visits
- College and financial aid workshops
- Community service projects
- Career exploration with STEM professionals
- ELK Staff mentorship
- Annual Spring Break trip
Benefits & Outcomes of ELK’s YNR program:
- Established support network to mentor and assist students in pursuing higher education & scholarships
- Youth see rigors of college life and academics firsthand
- Youth gain job skills and experience in a career that they may want to pursue
- Youth develop professionalism and career aspirations
- Youth gain strong leadership skills